Environment : Windows 7 – 64bit and Virtual Box
VM Image : CDH4 Packages for Virtual Box
1. Create a new Virtual Machine
2. Enter a name for New Virtual Machine and Select the type of the quest operating system you plan to install into the virtual machine
3. Select the amount of base memory (RAM)
4. Select “ Use existing hard disk” and navigate to the folder where you downloaded Cloudera-demo-vm.
If you don’t have demo VM, download it from here: CDH4 Packages for Virtual Box
5. Your going to create a new virtual Cloudera Hadoop in Windows 7 operating system
6. Now turn on Cloudera Hadoop in Windows and run the demo
7. Starting Cloudera Hadoop in Windows virtual machine
8. Cloudera Hadoop demo is now ready in Windows
Running the VM
Once you launch the VM, you are automatically logged in as the cloudera user.
The account details are:
- username: cloudera
- password: cloudera
The cloudera account has sudo privileges in the VM.
To learn more about Hadoop, see the Hadoop Tutorial.
You can access status through the browser at the following URLs:
- NameNode status (localhost:50070)
- JobTracker status (localhost:50030)
- The Hue user interface (localhost:8888)
- The HBase web UI (localhost:60010)
Enjoy your Cloudera Hadoop demo in Windows