How to configure Form based authentication for SharePoint 2010?
Step by step instructions how to configure form based authentication can be Setup Form Based Authentication for SharePoint 2010
DOWNLOAD FBA User Management Tool
Go to “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727”.
2. Open file “aspnet_regsql.exe” (with Run as Administrator).
I. You will get an installation form. Hit “Next” button.
II. Click on “Configure SQL Server for application services” then hit “Next” button.
III. Now provide server name to connect & install new database for Membership. Now hit “Next” button.
IV. Now you get a summary page on which you will get server name & its new database name called “aspnetdb”. Click on “Next” button.
V. Now database has been created. Click on “Finish” button.
3. Install FBA tool.
4. Create a new Site collection (suppose we called it “A”).
5. Extend this site (Suppose we called it “B”).
I. Open Central Administration.
II. Click on Application Management.
III. Click on Manage Web application.
IV. Click on “Site A” & then hit Extend button on ribbon.
1. Click on Create a new IIS web site.
2. Provide name & port number (optional).
3. Provide host header (optional)
4. Select Anonymous Access to –No
5. Use Secured Socket layer – No