Do you want to restrict/hide all web part from users? Do you only want to give access to selected users to add web parts to a page?
When user edit SharePoint 2010 page and insert a webpart, they can only see the selected web parts. How do you do this?
Here are the instructions and Thanks to Thilosh V N
1. Go to site collection settings.
3. Click Webparts
4. Click on the webpart which you want to hide from the users
5. Click on Manage Permissions on top right.
6. Stop inheriting Permissions
7. Remove all the Gropus/users which you see
8. Now add the users or group which you want to give permissions to see the webparts
9. If a user go back to a site and they are not part of this group, they wont’ able to see the webparts when they click on Insert WebPart