How to add Employee Number to Active Directory Users properties?
Please see my previous post about how you can add Employee ID filed for user profile.
In this blog, I am going to show you how you can add employee ID field in Active Directory user Properties.
1. Login to your domain controller and open ADSI Edit
2. Right click on ADSI Edit and Connect To
4. Open CN=DisplaySpecifiers
5. Open CN=409, CN=DisplaySpecifiers, CN=Configuration
6. Look for CN=Default Display and double click on default-display
7. In Default Display Properties, open extraColumns
8. Add employeeNumber,Employee Number,0,100,0 in the value filed and Click ADD.
Click OK and OK exit from Default Display
9. Now open Active Directory Users and Computers and open Saved Queries
10. Expand "Saved Queries"
11. Right Click "Saved Queries" select "New > Query"
12. In the "Name:" field type "All Users" and select "Define Query…"
13. On the "Users" tab next to the "Name:" field click on the drop down and select "Has a value"
14. Now Click "OK" and "OK" again
15. Expand "Saved Queries" and select "All Users"
16. Now you will have a list of all your users in the right pane.
17. With the query selected click View > Add/Remove Columns
18. Select Employee Number and Add to Displayed Columns
19. Now Click on View and Select Advanced Features
20. Double click on a user profile and now you will see Attribute Editor
Scroll down and look for Employee Number or press E in your keyboard to locate all the attributes which starts with E.
If you want to edit employee number, just double click or click on the edit button
21. Now you can edit Employee Number in Active Directory by going to User Profile properties.
To enable Employee Number in Active Directory and perform all these steps, you should have enterprise admin/Schema Admins rights.