Step by step instruction to create Windows 2008 Server using VMware virtual machine.
In this case, I am connected to my ESX host where I am going to create a new virtual machine to install Windows 2008 server.
1. Connect to your ESX Virtual Host and right click and create New Virtual Machine
2. Select the appropriate configuration. How would you prefer to configure your virtual machine?
3. Select a Name and Location for this Virtual Machine. What do you want to call this virtual machine and where do you want it located?
4. Choose a Datastore for the virtual machine. Where do you want to store the virtual machine files?
5. Choose the Guest Operating System. What guest operating system do you plan to use with virtual machine?
I am going to select Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64-bit
6. Virtual CPU’s. Configure the number of virtual processors in the virtual machine. I am going to select 2 virtual processors for my Windows 2008 virtual machine
7. Memory. Configure the virtual machine’s memory size for your Windows 2008 virtual machine.
I am going with recommended memory for creating Windows 2008 Virtual Machine
8. Choose Network. Which network connection will be used by the virtual machine?
Going with default network adapter to create Windows 2008 virtual machine
9. Define virtual disk capacity. What size do you want this virtual disk to be? For my Windows 2008 server virtual machine, I am going with 40GB disk size
10. Ready to complete new Windows 2008 virtual machine. When you click on Finish,
ESX host will create your virtual machine and it’s ready for Windows 2008 OS installation.
In my next post, I am going to show you how you can install Windows 2008 OS to the new Virtual Machine which I created.