I recently got HP Elite Book 8540w which comes with Windows 7.
I want to install SharePoint 2010 in my laptop with SQL Server 208 R2. Before I can Install SharePoint 2010 in Windows 7, I want to install SQL Server 2008 R2
1. Download SQL Developer Edition from your MSDN or Trail Version
2. Double Setup
3. In SQL Server Installation Center, click on System Configuration Checker. This will launch a tool to check for
conditions that prevent a successful SQL Server Installation. If everything is okay, click on Installation.
4. Click on the "Installation" hyperlink in the left side of the screen.
5. The Next button is available only if all check results are successful, or if failed checks do not block installation
6. Specify the edition of SQL Server to install in Windows 7 and enter the Product Key and click next
7. Read the license agreement and if you agree with it, check the "I accept the license terms" check box, and then click the Next button.
8. Setup is installing a required component in Windows 7
9. The following is a new page on SQL Server setup, its name is Setup Role.
Choose "SQL Server feature installation" to install SQL Server Database Engine, Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services.
Choose "Analysis Services with SharePoint Integration" if you want SQL Server setup to add PowerPivot for SharePoint to a SharePoint farm.
Choose "All Features With Defaults" to install all features of SQL Server in one box.
10. Select the features for your installation.
11. Setup is running rules to determine if the installation process will be blocked.
12. Instance Configuration: Specify the name and instance ID for the instance of SQL Server. Instance ID becomes part of the installation path.
In this case, I created a folder in C called SQLServerDirectory and this is where I am going to keep SQL Instance
13. Disk Space Requirements: Review the disk space summary for the SQL Server features you selected
14: Server Configuration: Specify the service accounts and collation configuration.
In this case, my laptop is connected to the domain and I am using domain\username and password for the installation.
If the computer is not part of a domain, use a local user account without Windows administrator permissions.
You can create this account using Control Panel -> User Accounts.
15. On the Database Engine Configuration page, choose the authentication mode to use for your SQL Server installation. If you select Mixed Mode we need to enter and confirm the password for the (sa) login when you choose Mixed Mode Authentication
Database Engine Configuration: Data Directories
16. Analysis Services Configuration. If you want to use the current users account, just click on Add Current User
17. Reporting Service Configuration: Specify the Reporting Service configuration mode
18. On the Error and Usage Reporting page, optionally clear each check box to disable error reporting.
19. Installation Configuration Rules: Setup is running rules to determine if the installation process will be blocked.
20. Read to Install: Verify the SQL Server 2008 R2 features to be installed
21. Installation Process for SQL 2008 Server R2 in Windows 7
22. Complete: Your SQL Server 2008 R2 installed completed successfully in Windows 7