If you need to know how to install Zend Server in Windows 2008 server, please visit my previous post: http://virtualizesharepoint.com/2011/04/26/installing-zend-server-community-edition-ce-in-windows-2008-server/
Copy Moodle to Zend Server directory
1. Download Standard Moodle Packages from http://download.moodle.org/ and unzip the files
2. Go to your ZEND directory where you will see four folders. Apache2, MySQL51, phpMyAdmin and Zend Server in you Windows 2008
3. Open Apache2 folder and navigate to htdocs in Windows 2008
4. Move your Moodle files to htdocs folder in Windows 2008
5. Now we need to make some changes to install.php file in Moodle folder. Before we do that, we need to create a database in MySQL.
Creating Database in MySQl using phpMyAdmin:
1. Open up your Zend Server by going to Start | All Program | Zend Server | in Windows 2008 Server
2. Enter your password for Zend Server
3. Open up phpMyAdmin
4. Enter your user name and password for phpMyAdmin
5. Create a new database for Moodle. In this case, I am creating a database called moodle which is going to be used for Moodle installation in Windows 2008 server using Zend server.
6. Your new database is ready for Moodle installation in Windows 2008 server using Zend
7. Now we have to go and create a user account for emoodle database. Make sure you have your new database selected and click on privileges
8. Click on add new user
9. Create a new user name and password and make sure you have Grant all privileges on database “emoodle”
Configuring install.php file to install Moodle in Windows 2008 server using Zend server.
1. Go to your Moodle folder and open install.php
2. In Moodle 1 x, we need to manually Add dbhost, dbuser, dbpass, dbtype, dbname and save the install.php file to moodle directory but in Moodle 2.0 we don’t need to make any changes.
3. now open your browser and type in http://localhost/moodle and you should see the installation screen. Select your language and click next
4. Confirm your path and click next
5. Choose your database drive and click next
6. Enter your database settings
7. Click Continue after reading the copyright notice
8. Getting a new error message : Moodle 2.0 Error with Unicode format (UTF-8)
Please see my previous post how you can resolve this problem:
9. Click next to run the installation and once it’s completed, you will see the General information window. Enter all the required information and click update profile. Next window you will see your new Moodle 2.0
10. Your Moodle site is ready for action in Windows 2008 server using Zend Server: