When you install SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint 2010 Configuration wizard you will get crazy GUID names for your database.
To change your SharePoint 2010 database GUID, these are steps I preformed in my development environment. If your trying make sure you try to rename SharePoint 2010 GUID in development environment first.
See my previous post about how to remove SharePoint 2010 GUID for Search Services Application CrawlStoreDB. Almost all the steps are same but if your having problem, here you go..
1. Crazy SharePoint 2010 GUID database names when I installed running SharePoint 2010 Configuration wizard
2. To rename, open your SharePoint 2010 Central Administration and click on Manage Services applications under Application Management.
3. Click on SharePoint 2010 Search Service Application
4.You will see Search Application Topology of SharePoint 2010 and click on MODIFY
5. Now move your mouse over to SharePoint 2010 Search Service Application PropertyStoreDB and click on Edit Properties
6.Select the GUID and delete forSharePoint 2010 Search Service Application PropertyStoreDB
7. This is what you will see in Topology for Search Service Application in SharePoint 2010 when you delete your GUID. To apply changes, click on Apply Topology Changes.
8.Renaming Crawl Database Search Service Application PropertyStoreDB in SharePoint 2010
After 10 Minutes
The configuration changes were successfully applied to the Search Service Application: Search Service Application.
10. This is what you will see now when you open your database. Renamed version of Search Service Application PropertyStoreDB in SharePoint 2010