- Go to Site Administration > Users > Accounts >User profile fields.
- Here you will find three choices in the “Choose” drop down menu: Menu of choices, text area, and text input:
- A menu of choices allows you to enter the choices that a user will select from a drop down menu. This is a good choice if there is a pre-determined set of possible entries.
- The text area will give the user a large text box in which to enter information. This is a good choice when the entry is long and will contain much information.
- The text input field gives the user a much smaller text box to complete their entry. This is good for entries that will be one or just a few words. The size of the text box can be modified for either of the last two choices.
- Select the type of field you think will be the best based on the scenario described.
Creating User Accounts Custom profile field:
Be the first to start the conversation!