1. Integration of solid state with rotating media for higher performance and lower energy costs.
Product : EMC FAST, Fusion-io, Compellent Storage Center
2. De-duplication technology — on storage and backups — can help open unused space.
Product : EMC Avamar, Symantec/Veritas Netbackup PureDisk, IBM/Tivoli Storage Manager, NetApp FlexClone
3. More granularity in backup and restoration of virtual servers.
Product : Vizioncore vRanger Pro, Symantec Netbackup, Asigra Cloud Backup
4. Live migrations and better integration of VM snapshots make it easier to back up, copy and patch VMs
Product: FalconStor FDS, VMware vMotion and vStorage APIs, Citrix XenServer
5. Thin and dynamic provisioning of storage to help moderate storage growth.
Product : Symantec/Veritas Storage Foundation Manager, Compellent Dynamic Capacity, Citrix XenServer Essentials, 3Par Inserv
6. Greater VM densities per host will improve storage performance and management.
Product : Cisco Unified Communications Server
7. Better high-availability integration and more fault-tolerant operations.
Product : VMware vSphere 4 and Citrix XenServer 5.5
8. Private cloud creation and virtualized networks — including vendor solutions that offer ways to virtualize your data center entirely in the cloud.
Product: Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, VMware vSphere vShield Zones, ReliaCloud, Hexagrid VxDataCenter
9. Better application awareness of cloud-based services.
Product: Exchange 2010, Sparxent MailShadow