How to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview?
Step by step instruction to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview in Windows 7
My Development Environment Setup
OS: Windows 7 (64bit)
VM: Virtual Box
1. Install Virtual Box and create a virtual machine
Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images user the product key displayed for the installation
3. Open your Virtual Box Manager and start your virtual machine to install Windows 8
4. In Virtual Box, select your Windows8.iso image which you downloaded to start installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview
5. Welcome to Windows 8 setup screen. Select your language, Time and Keyboard settings and click next
6. Click Install now to start the installation of Windows 8 Consumer Preview
7. Select the type of installation do you want? I selected custom install
8. Where do you want to install Windows? Select the location where you want to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview
9. Windows 8 Consumer Preview copying windows files for the installation
10. Windows 8 Consumer Preview installation preparing the virtual machine
11. Windows 8 personalize screen. You can select the background color and PC name
12. Windows 8 Settings Screen. You can get through some basic quickly.
- Automatically install important and recommended updates to help protect your Windows 8 PC
13 Sign in to your Windows 8 PC
Use your email address as Microsoft account to sign into Windows 8 consumer Preview.
14. Windows 8 able to identify me based on my email account and wants me to enter the password
15. Windows 8 able to pull my information from my mail settings and preparing Windows
16. Windows 8 installation completed and this is the start Window
It took me only 15 Minutes to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview in Windows 7 running VirtualBox
Enjoy Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
If your able to follow all the above steps, you should able to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview for test drive.