Installing Windows Server 2008 R2 server and configuring as domain controller. In my previous post I created new virtual machine to install Windows 2008 Server.
In this post, I am going to install Windows 2008 Server R2 and configure as domain controller. Installing Windows 2008 Server and configuring as domain controller is
not very difficult but if your installing for first time, this blog will give you step by step instruction for installing Windows Server 2008.
1. I open my Windows 2008 virtual machine and attaching Windows 2008 Server ISO image to boot . Enter for Windows Setup files to begin
2. Windows 2008 Server is loading files in the virtual machine
4. Click Install Now to Install Windows Server 2008 R2
5. Select the operating system you want to install. In this case I am going for Windows Server 2008 R2
Standard Full Installation
6. Read the license terms and click next
7. Which type of installation do you want? You have two options
Upgrade to a newer version of Windows and keep your files, settings, and programs. The option to upgrade is only available when
existing version of Windows is running. We recommend backing up your files before you proceed.
Install a new copy of Windows 2008 Server. This option does not keep your files, settings, and programs. The option to make changes to
disks and partitions is available when you start your computer using the installation disc. We recommend backing up your files before you proceed.
Going with Custom Installation of Windows 2008 Server R2
8. Where do you want to Install Windows 2008 Server R2? Select the disk and click next
9. Installing Windows 2008 R2 Server and copying Windows Files
10. Windows 2008 Server R2 installation completed and it want us to change the password
11. Configure this server windows appear. First activate your windows and download and install updates. In my next post,
I will be configuring Windows 2008 Server R2 as domain controller.